Many students around the world choose to study in Canada each year due to its multicultural environment and safest place to live.
Studying in Canada
Admission Procedure for International Students
At Beta College of Business and Technology, our admission process consist of few steps:
1. Choose the right program for you
Beta College of Business and Technology offers exciting diploma programs such as CAD/CAM Technology, Automation Technology and Computerized Accounting.
2. Contact Us
- Fill in the form in contact us
- Call 1-416-449-2382
- Email to email@example.com
3. Admission Requirements
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- English Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL/CAEL) is required if you live in a country where English is not the first language.
- High School Diploma or Equivalence and if required an Entrance Testing in presence of a proctor.
4. Payment Plan and Deposit Payment
Once the entrance requirements have been met, your Education Consultant will provide a payment plan for you. You will be required to make a 25% deposit of the full program cost that includes $250.00 non-refundable administration fee if the application is cancelled or visa is denied. All payments must be made in Canadian currency.
5. Letter of Acceptance
Once your payment has been made, we will provide you a Letter of Acceptance that you will need to apply for your study visa.
6. Apply For Study Visa
Beta College of Business and Technology is authorized by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to accept and enroll international students!
Our Designated Learning Institution number is: O124136581227
All Diploma Program students at Beta College of Business and Technology, who are not a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident should satisfy:
1. Admission Test or Secondary School Equivalency Requirement
2. International Applicants over the age of 18 years old, must either:
- Write Academic Achievement Test (“the Wonderlic Admissions test”) and receive a minimum test score that is approved for the program or
- Provide proof of academic standing equivalent to the Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (OSSD).
3. English Language Proficiency Requirement
- TOEFL, IELTS, or CAEL scores. Only tests taken in the last two years are considered valid. Excemption might be applied to some students.
4. Visa and Study Permit Requirement
- Students must have a valid Visa that allows them to enter and study in Canada.
5. Passport Requirement
- Students must provide a copy of their passport, showing an expiry date that is later than their last day of studies, prior to starting their program.
- Students must present their passport to be viewed by our staff member prior to starting their program.
6. Health Insurance Requirement
- Health insurance coverage is a mandatory requirement for international students. (Government-funded healthcare is not provided to international students.)
Our Diploma program in Computerized Accounting program is uniquely designed to meet the accounting needs of small to large corporate businesses. You will be trained to handle essential accounting and bookkeeping tasks, both manually and using industry leading accounting softwares. You will also receive training in relevant computer skills, preparing you to handle the multi-tasking demands of a modern office environment, in a quick and efficient manner. Extensive practical exercises and hands-on projects put a student in the role of a skilled bookkeeper and office administrator of a company. Graduates of this program would be able to find employment in various capacities including Accounts Administrator, Payroll Administrator, Office Administrator, Bookkeeper and much more.
Our Diploma program in Computerized Accounting program is designed to teach the fundamental concepts and principles of accounting and bookkeeping. The students will also be adept in using many of the industry leading computerized accounting systems like QuickBooks, SAGE 50, ACCPAC, and MS Excel for all accounting scenarios, starting from opening a new business accounting, recording day to day activities, generating financial reports, and closing a business accounting, as well as migrating an existing manual accounting system of a company to a computerized system. The students will also learn the basics of MS Office Suite and go on to become skilled at handling day to day communication and organizing using Outlook, prepare business related documents such as official letters and customer reminders using MS Word, prepare presentation using MS PowerPoint, and record/maintain accounting data and generate business reports using MS Excel. This program prepares you to handle the multi-tasking demands of a modern office environment, in a quick and efficient manner.
The students receive extensive practical exercises in various bookkeeping and office administration applications, towards various types of small/medium businesses and organizations. Its applied approach puts a student in the role of a skilled bookkeeper and office administrator of a company.
- Computers and Windows Fundamentals
- MS Word (Levels 1, 2, 3)
- PowerPoint (Levels 1, 2)
- Outlook Level 1
- Excel (Levels 1, 2, 3)
- Bookkeeping and Financial Accounting
- Simply Accounting (SAGE 50)
- ACCPAC (SAGE 300)
- Duration: 44 Weeks Full Time
- Language: English
- Assessments: Assignments, Projects, Tests, and Class Participation
Weekdays am; Saturday am/pm
The timings for the classes are conveniently scheduled during weekdays and on Saturdays to accommodate students who might work part-time while studying full-time in our programs.
The class sizes are kept small and is proportioned to help the students receive one-on-one attention from the instructors during lecture hours, and also get close guidance while practicing the hands-on exercises. The students are encouraged to be interactive and inquisitive in the classrooms.
Career planning and placement services
Our Career Services gives you individualized counselling in Resume writing, Interview preparation and Placement resources and services that serves to launch a successful career for our graduates. Our Career Services coach you and guide you to land the job of your choice.
Accounting and Administration are basic necessities of a business, and a career in this field would give you an advantage to work in a wide range of opportunities. Our Diploma in Computerized Accounting program is geared towards seizing this vast opportunity, and will prepare you to work in this modern and demanding business environment and as well as in the personal services sector. Below are some of the typical job prospects for graduates from this program:
- Personal Income Tax Preparation
- Personal Financial Record Keeping
Small to Medium range Businesses, Government Agencies, Real Estate Agencies, Insurance Agencies, Corporations, Non-Profit Organizations, Public & Private Institutions, and many more:
- Business Administration
- Office Administration
- Payroll Preparation
- Purchase and Sales Accounting
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Inventory and Cost Accounting
- Bookkeeping and Accounting